Shreya Ghoshal is an Indian playback singer. She is well known for her chartbuster songs and She has lent her voice in Bollywood as well as in various other languages and has worked with almost every top music directors of India. She is one of the artists whose name and voice are found in almost in every movie, with her every song topping the charts. Shreya Ghoshal is regarded as one of the most versatile and successful singers in the history of Indian music and Hindi cinema. Let’s check out Shreya Ghoshal Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Biography, Boyfriends, Lifestyle & More.
Wiki Table of Shreya Ghoshal
|Real Name||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Father name||Bishwajit Ghoshal|
|Mother Name||Sarmistha Ghoshal|
|Brother name||Soumyadeep Ghoshal|
|Date of Birth||12 March 1984|
|Age (as in 2019)||35 Years|
|Birth Place||Murshidabad, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Rawatbhata, Rajasthan, India|
|School||Atomic Energy Central School No.4, Rawatbhata|
|College||SIES College of Arts Science & Commerce, Sion West, Mumbai|
|Debut||Bollywood: Dola Re Dola (Devdas, 2002)|
|Awards/Honours||She has many other awards, honors, and achievements to her name.|
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Travelling, Singing, Shopping|
Dislikes: Gossips, Controversy.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 160 cm|
in meters- 1.60 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 56 Kg|
in Pounds- 122 lbs
|Favorite Food||Chelab, Rasmalai|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Guru Dutt|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Waheeda Rehman|
|Favorite Musician||R.D. Burman, A.R. Rahman, Madan Mohan|
|Favorite Colour(s)||Pink, Black|
|Favorite Singer||Arijit Singh, Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu|
Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Geeta Dutt, Beyonce
|Favorite Song||“Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjhaa” by Lata Mangeshkar, “Lag Ja Gale Ke Phir” by Lata Mangeshkar|
|Boyfriends, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Married ( 5 February 2015 )|
|Net Worth||₹5 Crore (1.3 Million $)|
Some Unknown Facts About Shreya Ghoshal
- Does Shreya Ghoshal Smoke?: No
- Does Shreya Ghoshal drink alcohol?: No
- Shreya Ghoshal was born on 12 March 1984 to a Bengali Hindu family.
- At the age of 4, Shreya started learning music.
- At the age of six, she started her formal training in classical music.
- She got training in playback singing from Padmashree Late Kalyanji Bhai.
- In 1995, Shreya Ghoshal won the ‘All India Light Vocal Music Competition’, organized by Sangam Kala Group in New Delhi.
- she continued her training from Late Mukta Bhideji in Classical Hindustani Music after shifting to Mumbai.
- Shreya’s first-ever recorded song was “Ganraj Rangi Nachato”, which is a cover version of a Marathi song originally sung by Legend Lata Mangeshkar.
- In 1996, Shreya Ghoshal won the famous singing reality show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.’
- Her first studio album ‘Bendhechhi Beena’, consisting of 14 songs and was released on 1 January 1998.
- In 2002, Shreya Ghoshal kicked-off her Bollywood playback singing career with Sanjay Lila Bhansali’s romantic drama Devdas.
- Shreya Ghoshal shared her experience of recording “Bairi Piya” from the movie Devdas and said, I remember I was asked to rehearse the song once before finally recording it. I simply closed my eyes and sang without a break. When I opened my eyes, I noticed a lot of excitement and chaos outside the recording room. Then Sanjayji told me I had sung the song so well that they had recorded it at one go.
- In 2003, Shreya Ghoshal sang as well as featured in the song “Har Taraf Har Jagah” from the movie ‘Saaya.’
- Shreya Ghoshal performs in musical concerts around the world.
- In 2010, During her US tour, Shreya Ghoshal received a rare honor from the US State of Ohio. Governor Ted Strickland issued a proclamation declaring June 26 as Shreya Ghoshal Day.
- In 2011, Shreya was featured in an advertisement for jewelry store Joyalukkas, which was aired in 5 different languages viz. Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, and Telugu.
- She has sung songs in many different languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, and Malayalam.
- Apart from singing, Shreya also judged various popular reality shows like ‘Voice Of India – Chhote Ustad’, ‘Indian Idol Junior’, and ‘Music Ka Maha Muqqabla.’ and she also appears in music videos.
- If she wasn’t a singer, she would have been an astronaut or a genetic engineer, as she dreamed of that in her childhood.
- Shreya also featured five times in the Forbes list of the top 100 celebrities from India.
- In 2017, Shreya Ghoshal became the first Indian singer to have her wax figurine in Madame Tussauds Museum.
- In 2019, she sang “Yeh Aaina” for the movie Kabir Singh, composed by Amaal Malik and written by Irshad Kamli.
- Shreya Ghoshal has received seven Filmfare Awards including six for Best Female Playback Singer, four National Film Awards, four Kerala State Film Awards, two Tamil Nadu State Film Awards, and ten Filmfare Awards South.
- Shreya Ghoshal’s recent hit and the trending song of the end of 2019 is Habibi ke Nain from Salman Khan’s Dabang 3.
- It is really impossible to cover all her hits songs collections, but we are trying to cover all her latest collection here, please check out.
Shreya Ghoshal Latest Hits Collections
These are the latest information on Shreya Ghoshal Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Biography, Boyfriends, Lifestyle & More. Do share guys this post with your friends and keep visiting us on a2zwiki.com for Indian celebrities’ biographical updates. You may share your wishes, experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You !.