Rishi Kapoor was a legendary Indian actor, director, producer, and star-maker. His magnificent acting career tells us his reputation in the film industry. He started his career with the film ‘Bobby’ in 1973 and had worked in more than 150 films by now. Rishi Kapoor was the only actor in the Kapoor family history, who had worked under the direction of his father Raj Kapoor and brothers: Randhir Kapoor and Rajiv Kapoor. Rishi Kapoor was one such actor who had seen the evolution of the Indian Cinema from black & white cinema to coloured, Rishi Kapoor had worked amazingly on both. His name will hold a place of pride in the history of Indian Cinema. Other actors can be copied and mimicked, but Rishi Kapoor is one such original actor, who can hardly be copied. Let’s check out Rishi Kapoor Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Biography, Girlfriends, Lifestyle & More.
Wiki Table of Rishi Kapoor
|Real Name||Rishi Raj Kapoor|
|Nick Name||Chintoo, Prince of Romance|
|Father Name||Late Raj Kapoor (Actor, Filmmaker)|
|Mother Name||Krishna Kapoor (Housewife)|
|Brother name||Randhir Kapoor (Actor), Rajiv Kapoor (Actor)|
|Sister name||Ritu Nanda, Rima Jain|
|Wife/Spouse||Neetu Singh (Actress)|
|Children||Daughter- Riddhima Kapoor Sahani (Designer)|
Son- Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
|Nephew/Niece||Nephews- Nikhil Nanda, Aadar Jain, Armaan Jain|
Nieces- Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Natasha Nanda
|Date of Birth||4 September 1952|
|Age (as in 2019)||66 Years|
|Birth Place||Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Mayo College, Ajmer (attended for less than a year)|
Campion School, Mumbai
|College||Did not attend|
|Educational Qualifications||8th Fail|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Mera Naam Joker (1970, as a child actor)|
Film: Bobby (1973, as a lead)
Film (Director): Aa Ab Laut Chalen (1999)
|Awards/Honours||1970: Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards: Special Award, and National Film Award for Mera Naam Joker|
1974: Filmfare Award for Best Actor for Bobby
2008: Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award
2009: Honoured by the Russian Government for contribution to cinema
2010: Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards: Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Love Aaj Kal
2011: Zee Cine Awards: Best Lifetime Jodi along with Neetu Singh, Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for Do Dooni Chaar
2013: The Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA), Best Actor in a Negative Role for Agneepath
2016: Screen Lifetime Achievement Award
2017: Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kapoor & Sons, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kapoor & Sons, Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Male for Kapoor & Sons, Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for Kapoor & Sons
He has many other awards, honors, and achievements to his name.
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Dancing, Singing|
Dislikes: Gossips, Controversy.
|Hobbies||Collecting Sweaters, Travelling|
|Controversies||• In 2015, He tweeted about the fact that he is a beef-eating Hindu, created a controversy.|
• After he had criticized Congress for naming public assets after the Gandhi dynasty, Congress supporters named a public toilet after Rishi Kapoor in response to his tweet, created a controversy.
• In 2016, Rishi Kapoor had created problems at actress Asin and Rahul Sharma’s marriage. According to media, It was said that Rishi was annoyed with the loud music and the lighting at a party at the marriage venue. When things got out of hand, Rahul was forced to intervene. After this incident, the party lasted for only an hour and a half after Rishi left.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 90 Kg|
in Pounds- 198 lbs
|Figure Measurements||-Chest: 45 Inches|
-Waist: 38 Inches
-Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Favorite Food||Yakhni Pulao, Khatti Dal, Fish Fry, Paya, Chinese cuisine|
|Favorite Actor||Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Kapoor|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Sports||Cricket, Football|
|Favorite Colour(s)||Black, Grey, Royal Blue|
|Favorite Singer||Shreya Ghoshal, A. R. Rahman, Badshah, Pritam|
|Favorite Songs||Bol Radha Bol Tune Yeh Kya Kiya|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
Dimple Kapadia (Actress)
Neetu Singh (Actress)
|Wife||Neetu Singh (Actress)|
|Cars||Mercedes-Benz S-Class (W222), Audi R8, Nissan X-Trail|
|Salary||₹ 70-100 lakh/film|
|Net Worth||₹ 275 Crore ($40 million)|
Some Unknown Facts About Rishi Kapoor
- Did Rishi Kapoor smoke?: No
- Did Rishi Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Rishi was the third generation of the highly prestigious and first family of Bollywood- Kapoor family.
- He was the third child of legendary filmmaker Raj Kapoor and Krishna Kapoor.
- He was the grandson of the pioneer of the Indian Cinema and a great filmmaker Prithviraj Kapoor and Ramsarni Mehra.
- He was very naughty in his childhood.
- He was first seen in the film Shree 420 (1955) as a toddler in the song “Pyaar Hua Ikraar Hua.” along with his brothers and sisters.
- Rishi played the role of younger Raj Kapoor in the movie- Mera Naam Joker and his performance were critically acclaimed by the audience and received the National Film Award for that.
- Rishi Kapoor made his debut from the movie “Bobby” released in 1973 and was the biggest hit at that time and gave the country a new hero. His pair with Dimple Kapadia became a superhit overnight. After that, he has worked in many films such as Laila Majnu, Amar Akbar Anthony, Naya Daur, Naseeb, Sindoor, Henna, Deewana, Prem Granth, Fanna, Agneepath, etc.
- A scene from his debut film Bobby’s where Rishi meets Dimple in her house was inspired by the real-life meeting of his father Raj Kapoor and Nargis.
- In the film Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), Rishi (character Akbar Illahabadi) pronounced Neetu with her real name “Neetu” in the first scene and was accidentally not corrected and it is still in the film.
- Earlier Neetu Singh was very much irritated by Rishi; as he used to play a lot of pranks with her and also once, He threw kajal on her face and she had to redo her entire make-up.
- After 5 years of courtship, Rishi and Neetu tied the knot with each other on 22 January 1980. Later, it was also revealed that both of them went unconscious during their wedding rituals; Neetu went unconscious because of her heavy dress and Rishi because of the gathering.
- Rishi Kapoor underwent depression for some time after his movie, Karz, which was expected to be a big hit but when it turned out to be a big flop,
- It was rumored that Neetu Singh filed a divorce against him because of domestic violence but took the case back for the sake of her children.
- In 1999, Rishi also tried his hands in film direction and made his directorial debut with the film “Aa Ab Laut Chalen” starring Aishwarya Rai and Akshaye Khanna.
- Rishi Kapoor was considered as the original ‘Prince of Romance’ in Bollywood.
- He was also very much famous in Nigeria like other Bollywood actors and they have given him a nickname “Mace,” which means woman.
- In 1998, He did his last film as a romantic hero in Karobar.
- Over more than 20 Bollywood actresses made their debuts opposite him.
- Both Rishi Kapoor and his son Ranbir Kapoor had done a ‘towel dropping’ act in their debut films. Rishi did it in his debut movie Bobby in 1973 while Ranbir did it in Saawariya in 2007.
- Initially, he was not interested in social media, but Anushka Sharma and Abhishek Bachchan convinced him to join Twitter.
- He played the role of the 80-year-old person for his film Kapoor and Sons, and the look was created using prosthetic makeup and it used to take 12-13 hours to make him ready for the scenes.
- In January 2017, he released his biography titled Khullam Khulla: Rishi Kapoor Uncensored.
- Rishi Kapoor was not the first choice for the film 102 Not Out; when actor Paresh Rawal rejected the role then it went to him. Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi reunited after 27 years in the film industry and also 27 was the age gap shown between their ages in the film.
- Rishi disclosed in his autobiography that to get the best actor award for his role in his debut Bobby, he had paid ₹30,000.
- Rishi Kapoor was last seen in the web series The Body on Netflix. He had also shot for a film in Delhi earlier this year.
- Rishi Kapoor was battling cancer since 2018 and was in the US for treatment for a year.
- On 30 April 2020, Rishi Kapoor passes away at 67 after a long battle with Cancer.
Best Memories of Rishi Kapoor
These are the latest full information on Legend Rishi Kapoor Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Biography, Girlfriends, Lifestyle & More. Do share guys this post with your friends and keep visiting us on a2zwiki.com for Indian celebrities’ biographical updates. You may share your wishes, experience, or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You !.