Basic Details of Prakash Jha Biography
Prakash Jha is an Indian film producer, actor, director, and screenwriter. He is known for making a number of movies based on political and social-political issues. Some of his known movies include Gangaajal, Mrityudand, Damul, Apaharan, Rajneeti, etc. Let’s check out Prakash Jha Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Biography, Children, Girlfriends, Lifestyle & More.
Wiki Table of Prakash Jha
|Real Name||Prakash Jha|
|Nick Name||Bihari Babu|
|Profession||Director, Producer, Actor, Screenwriter, Politician|
|Political Party||JDU (Janata Dal (United)), LOJPA|
|Political Journey||2004: He contested as an Independent candidate but lost the Lok Sabha election from his native Champaran, Bihar.|
2009: He Contested again and lost the Lok Sabha election as Lok Janashakti Party (LOJPA) candidate from West Champaran.
2014: He contested elections as a JD(U) candidate for Lok Sabha from Bettiah and lost again.
|Father name||Tejnath Jha|
|Mother Name||Not Known|
|Brother name||Praveen Jha (Professor), Prabhat Jha|
|Sister name||1 (Younger)|
|Children||Son- Not Known|
Daughter- Disha Jha (Adopted – Producer, Assistant Director)
|Date of Birth||27 February 1952|
|Age (as in 2020)||68 Years|
|Birth Place||West Champaran, Bihar, India|
|Hometown||West Champaran, Bihar, India|
|School||Sainik School Taliya|
Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bokaro Steel City, Jharkhand
|College||Ramjas College, Delhi University, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Sc (Hons) in Physics (Dropout)|
|Debut||Film: Jai Gangaajal (2016)|
TV Directorial: Mungerilal Ke Haseen Sapne (1989)
Film Directorial: Hip Hip Hurray (1984)
Documentary: Shree Vats (1982)
1985: Filmfare Critics Award for Best Movie for Damul (1985)
2001: Best Documentary of the year for Faces After The Storm (1983)
2006: Filmfare Best Dialogue Award for Apaharan.
2003: National Film Award for Best Film on Other Social Issues for Gangaajal
2005: National Film Award for Best Screenplay for Apaharan.
2010: Star Screen Best Screenplay Award for Raajneeti.
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honors, and achievements to his name.
|Hobbies||Reading, Acting, Painting, Cooking, Playing Piano, Singing|
|Controversies||• In 1984, he made highly politically charged documentaries on Bihar Sharif riot, titled, Faces After Storm. It received considerable attention, as it was banned within 4–5 days of its release. |
• In 2003, his film called ‘Loknayak Jayaprakash’ presented to the Prasar Bharti Corporation who promised him to air it on 11 October, JP’s birth anniversary. but due to political issues, it was released on 6 December 2004 by changing its name to ‘Lok Nayak’.
• In 2013, he lodged an F.I.R. in Kolkata and Patna against a person who was impersonating as his son, Priyaranjhan Jha, and had done a fraud by taking money from someone by falsely promising to have organized an event on 14 August 2013 for the promotion of his film ‘Satyagraha.’
• His co-produced film ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ was supposed to release in January 2017, but due to the sexual scenes, abusive words, audio pornography it was released on 21 July 2017 after the appeal to FCAT.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 70 Kg|
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Figure Measurements||-Chest: 42 Inches|
-Waist: 30 Inches
-Biceps: 15 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Favorite Food||Home Cooked Food, Roti Dal, Chicken curry|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Ajay Devgn, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Irrfan Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
|Favorite Film||Bollywood: Ashani Sanket, 3 Mirch Masala, Ankur, Manthan, Teesri Kasam, Chak De! India|
|Favorite Colour(s)||Black, White, Blue|
|Favorite Singer(s)||Udit Narayan, Shreya Ghoshal|
|Favorite Filmmakers||Satyajit Ray, Mrinal Sen, Ritwik Ghatak, Andrzej Wajda, Jean-Luc Godard, François Truffaut, Roman Polanski|
|Favorite Politician||Jayaprakash Narayan|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Deepti Naval (Actress)|
|Wife||Deepti Naval (Actress (1985-2002)|
|Net Worth||₹ INR 92 Crores (13 Million $)|
Some Unknown Facts About Prakash Jha
- Does Prakash Jha smoke?: No
- Does Prakash Jha drink alcohol?: No
- Prakash Jha was born into a family of zamindars and was raised on his family’s farm in West Champaran, Bihar.
- Prakash Jha left his BSc (Hons) in Physics after one year because his family wanted him to complete his graduation for the UPSC exams and become an IAS officer but he decided to go to Mumbai and become a painter.
- After leaving his college, he went back to his hometown and bought a Yashica camera, and left his home with INR 300 in his pocket.
- As Prakash Jha lest his home that’s why his parents didn’t talk with him for around 5 years.
- He joined the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in 1973, to do a course in editing but again left this because of financial issues.
- Prakash Jha started working on films independently in 1974.
- He made his first documentary, Under the Blue, in 1975, and continued to do so for the next eight years.
- Prakash made his debut as a feature film director with Hip Hip Hurray in 1984.
- Though Prakash Jha’s family didn’t talk to him from 1972 and 1976, after they saw his first documentary ‘Under the Blue’, his parents felt proud of him, came to Mumbai and came close again.
- In 1985, he made ‘Damul’, which was based on a story about laborers, which won the National Award in 1987.
- Prakash Jha got married to film actress Deepti Naval in 1985, but the couple got separated in just 2 years after their marriage. After 15 years of silence, the couple got divorced but since then they have maintained a close friendship.
- During the early 1990s, there was a drop in art films, after which he left Mumbai for Bihar and lived there for around 3 years with a thought in his mind that he is not capable enough to make commercial films.
- Prakash Jha is the chairman of Anubhooti, a registered society that has been working for cultural development, improvement of health care, disaster management and the upliftment of farmers and socio-economically backward people in Bihar since 1991.
- Prakash Jha tasted his first success with ‘Mrityudand’ (1997), starring Madhuri Dixit, Shabana Azmi, and Om Puri.
- In 1999, he made his first commercial film ‘Dil Kya Kare’, starring Ajay Devgn and Kajol which was good at the box office.
- And then after his Gangaajal, Mrityudand, Damul, Apaharan, Rajneeti, Jai Gangaajal all are blockbusters.
- Politics proved to be a bitter experience for him as he contested thrice but lost every time.
- Prakash Jha owns his production house known as Prakash Jha Productions.
- He is also an owner of a Mall in Patna called P & M and the P&M Hi-Tech Mall in Jamshedpur.
- Over the years he has made over 25 documentaries, 13 feature films, two television features, and three television series
These are the latest information on Prakash Jha Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Biography, Children, Girlfriends, Lifestyle & More. Do share guys this post with your friends and keep visiting us on a2zwiki.com for Indian celebrities’ biographical updates. You may share your wishes, experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You !.