Kanika Kapoor is an Indian singer well known for her Hindi, Punjabi, and Party songs. She is also known for her unique style of singing and powerful voice. She is well known for her hit Bollywood numbers including “Baby Doll” from the movie Ragni MMS 2 and “Chhitiyan Kalaiyan.” from the movie Roy. Let’s check out Kanika Kapoor Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Biography, Boyfriends, Lifestyle & More.
Wiki Table of Kanika Kapoor
|Real Name||Kanika Kapoor|
|Father name||Rajeev Kapoor|
|Mother Name||Poonam Kapoor|
|Brother name||Sasha Kapoor|
|Husband/Spouse||Dr. Raj Chandok (m. 1997–2012)|
|Children||Daughter(s)– Aayana, Samara|
|Date of Birth||23 March 1978|
|Age (as in 2021)||43 Years|
|Birth Place||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Loreto Convent, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualifications||B.A and M.A in Music|
|Debut||Singles: Jugni Ji (2012)|
Bollywood Playback: ‘Baby Doll’ in the movie Ragini MMS 2 (2014)
|Awards/Honours||• Big Star Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Female Singer for the song “Lovely” from the movie Happy New Year (2014).|
• Stardust Award for Best Playback Singer– Female for “Baby Doll” (2015)
• Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for “Baby Doll” from the movie Ragni MMS 2(2015).
• Hindustan Times Most Stylish Awards for Most Stylish Music Personality (2016).
• IIFA Award for Best Female Playback Singer for “Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan” from the movie Roy. (2016).
She has many other awards, honors, and achievements to her name.
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Travelling, Singing, Shopping|
Dislikes: Gossips, Controversy.
|Hobbies||Singing, Travelling, Doing Yoga, Shopping|
|Controversies||• Singer & Music Producer Dr. Zeus expressed his disappointment when he was not credited as the producer of the Kanika’s debut Bollywood song “Baby Doll”. In a radio interview, Dr. Zeus said that the fruits of all his hard work were reaped by Meet Bros., who were unfairly given the credits for the song. |
• On March 20, 2020, Kanika Kapoor tests positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Several social media users slammed Kanika for risking other people’s lives and tagged her as ‘irresponsible’ as she had hidden her travel details upon returning from London and had partied at a hotel with nearly 100 people. U.P Police file FIR against Kanika Kapoor, as she has been tested positive for COVID-19.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 56 Kg|
in Pounds- 133 lbs
|Favorite Food||Aloo Paratha, Chinese, Kesar Jalebi|
|Favorite Actor||Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Ranveer Singh, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favorite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favorite Musician||Pritam, Meet Bros, Vishal-Shekhar, Beyonce, Shakira, Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez, and Justin Bieber|
|Favorite Colour(s)||Black, Grey|
|Favorite Singer||Meet Bros, Arijit Singh, Shreya Ghoshal, Lata Mangeshkar, Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan, Justin Bieber|
|Favorite Song||Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan|
|Boyfriends, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Dr. Raj Chandok|
|Husband||Dr. Raj Chandok (m. 1997–2012)|
|Net Worth||₹10 Crore (1.3 Million $)|
Some Unknown Facts About Kanika Kapoor
- Does Kanika Kapoor Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kanika Kapoor drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born in the Khatri family in Lucknow, India.
- Kanika was born and brought up into a business-class family in Lucknow.
- In Lucknow, Kanika has a large extended family, comprising of around 150+ members and all living nearby.
- Rajeev Kapoor (her father) is the third generation in his family’s business of electrical trading.
- Poonam Kapoor (her mother), is an established exporter of Chikan work and also runs a boutique, called Kalakrutti.
- Her elder brother, Sasha Kapoor, has his own company in London.
- Kanika’s family has a musical background as her uncle has learned music from the late Pandit Ganesh Mishra. Kanika would often sit with them on Sundays and riyaz together.
- At the age of 12, Kanika started to study classical music under musician late Pandit Ganesh Prasad Mishra.
- Kanika started learning music at a very young age, and when she was only 15 years old, she got an opportunity to sing on the All India Radio (AIR).
- Besides singing, she is also a trained Kathak dancer.
- At her Lucknow house, Kanika had converted her garage into a studio, where she would sing and record.
- Popular Bhajan Samrath Anup Jalota was her father’s childhood friend, and he would often give her a chance to sing Bhajans in his performances during breaks.
- Anup Jalota introduced the 16-year-old Kanika Kapoor to Bollywood folk and helped her to sign a three-year contract with Universal Polygram.
- While in Mumbai, Kanika made an album with Lalit Sen but it was never released.
- Initially, Kanika had decided to never get married in her life, however, when she met Raj Chandok at her cousin’s wedding, she fell in love with him and got married to him and moved to London, when she was just 18.
- While in London, Kanika gave up her singing; because she wasn’t allowed to sing.
- Talking about her married life in London, Kanika says- ” I was a normal papad achaar housewife, had three kids and was happily playing a mother to them, till we separated.”
- Kanika also explains her relationship with Dr. Raj Chandok and said- Marriage exposed me to a fancy life of another level and that kind of took over me. I was materialistic, egoistic, vain and was full of myself, to the extent of being borderline arrogant. The money, the kids, the lifestyle all made me stay with my husband for a long time, till it became too much to go through personally.”
- After happily living for almost 15 years, Kanika and her husband’s relation started growing sour. In 2010, she found her husband cheating on her that why she decided to separate and finally she divorced in 2012.
- After her divorce, Kanika Kapoor moved to India along with her children; however her children were not able to adjust in the Indian environment and were getting ill, so she moved back to London.
- Now, Kanika lives at a small apartment in Knightsbridge in London.
- Kanika also owns a house in Central Mumbai and she has personally supervised its interior decoration.
- Kanika Kapoor is very close to her grandmother and says- Every time we leave from Lucknow my Dadi maa puts a red tikka and gives us ₹500.”
- Her elder brother, Sasha Kapoor, and Harmeet Singh (Meet Bros) were classmates at Gwalior’s Science School. Sasha introduces Kanika Kapoor to Meet Brothers, and they came to know each other, in fact, she considers Harmeet & Manmeet as her younger brothers.
- Kanika became popular after the release of her debut single song “Jugni Ji” in 2012 and the track was the remix version of the Pakistani Sufi song “Alif Allah,” which was originally sung by Arif Lohar and Meesha Shafi in the third season of Coke Studio Pakistan in 2010.
- “Jugni Ji” become one of the biggest singles of 2012 and Kapoor earned the Brit Asia TV Music Award for Best Single.
- According to Kanika, she cannot speak Punjabi properly even she sings a number of hit songs with Punjabi lyrics.
- Kanika also runs her own fashion brand “Kanika Kapoor: House of Chikankari” to promote the art of embroidery and textile decoration, and her mother helps her.
- In 2015, She collaborates with Rapper Ikka Singh for the song Teddy Bear with was hit.
- In 2015, during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the UK, Kanika sang the welcome song at Wembley Stadium, London.
- In 2016, she became the brand ambassador of 88 Rue du Rhone (Swiss Watch manufacturer ).
- In 2018, she again performed in front of Narendra Modi’s visit to the UK, and she sang the national anthem of India.
- In 2019, Kanika Kapoor was a coach in the Star Plus’s show The Voice.
- On March 20, 2020, Kanika Kapoor tests positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and she is the first Bollywood celebrity to have been infected with the novel Coronavirus.
Kanika Kapoor Hits Collections
These are the latest information on Kanika Kapoor Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Biography, Boyfriends, Lifestyle & More. Do share guys this post with your friends and keep visiting us on a2zwiki.com for Indian celebrities’ biographical updates. You may share your wishes, experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You !.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.