Kangana Ranaut is an Indian actress, who works predominantly in Bollywood Industry. She is one of the highest-paid actresses and addressed as a One Take Actor in the industry. She has featured six times in Forbes India‘s Celebrity 100 list. In 2020, the Government of India honoured her with the Padma Shri (India’s fourth-highest civilian award). Let’s check out Kangana Ranaut Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Biography, Boyfriends, Lifestyle & More.
Wiki Table of Kangana Ranaut
|Real Name||Kangana Amardeep Ranaut|
|Nick Name||Arshad, OTA (One Take Actor)|
|Profession||Actress, Writer, Director|
|Father Name||Amardeep Ranaut|
|Mother Name||Asha Ranaut|
|Brother name||Akshit Ranaut|
|Sister name||Rangoli Ranaut|
|Date of Birth||23 March 1986|
|Age (as in 2020)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|School||DAV Model School, Sector 15, Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualifications||12th Standard|
|Debut||Bollywood Film (Actress): Gangster (2006)|
Tamil Film (Actress): Dhaam Dhoom (2008)
Telugu Film (Actress): Ek Niranjan (2009)
Writer: Queen (2014)
Director: Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019)
|Awards/Honours||National Film Awards|
2009: Best Supporting Actress for the film ‘Fashion’ (2008)
2015: Best Actress for the film ‘Queen’ (2014)
2016: Best Actress for the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015)
2007: Best Female Debut for the film ‘Gangster’ (2006)
2009: Best Supporting Actress for the film ‘Fashion’ (2008)
2015: Best Actress for the film ‘Queen’ (2014)
2016: Best Actress (Critics) for the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015)
2020: Padma Shri By Government of India
Note: She has many other awards, honors, and achievements to her name.
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Travelling, Shopping, Gyming|
Dislikes: Gossips, Controversy.
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Writing, Cooking, Doing Yoga, Listening to Music|
|Controversies||• During her initial days in the Bollywood industry, she was in a relationship with Aditya Pancholi, who was around 20 years older than her and already married. However, the relationship got complicated when she accused Aditya of violence and broke up with him.• After the break up with Kangana, Adhyayan Suman said, “I was emotionally badgered because of my relationship. Kangana only knows how to use, abuse, and throw. She has flooded me with abusive calls ever since the truth about her fake claims came out. I have remained silent on her abusive nature for so many years, but she is crossing all limits now. Since I haven’t been taking her calls, her aides have been calling my mother and harassing her.”|
• Kangana is well known for her bold statements, but she made a blunder during a chat show by saying, “Just good friends could be friendship plus f**k buddies. Just friends in Bollywood mean f**k buddies who are little promoted.”
• In 2012, During the Blender Pride Fashion Week, in Mumbai, she suffered a wardrobe malfunction while walking the ramp for designer Gavin Miguel.
• She and Hrithik Roshan had a media-led fight that started off with her calling him as a “silly ex” and later resulted in full-blown name-calling, e-mail leaking, legal battle.
• In 2018, during the MeToo movement, Kangana Ranaut alleged that Vikas Bahl had harassed her on the sets of ‘Queen.’
• In January 2019, just before the release of her film ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi,‘ the Karni Sena threatened the makers of the film that if the image of Rani Lakshmibai is maligned in the film, then makers will have to “face consequences.”, on which she strongly replied, “Four historians have certified ‘Manikarnika’, we have got censor certificate as well, Karni Sena has been conveyed this but they are continuing to harass me. If they don’t stop then they should know I am also a Rajput and I will destroy each one of them.”
• Kangana Ranaut and Sanjay Raut of the Shiv Sena locked in a bitter war of words since Kangana termed Mumbai unsafe after the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput. Earlier, she commented that she feared living in Mumbai had led to a severe backlash from the Shiv Sena, and the state’s home minister Anil Deshmukh said she had no right to stay in Mumbai. Kangana accused Shiv Sena leaders like Sanjay Raut of threatening her and twitted “why is Mumbai feeling like Pakistan-occupied- Kashmir.” This comment escalated the row between Kangana and Shiv Sena. Later, the Centre government-sanctioned “Y-plus” security cover to Kangana Ranaut; with this, the actress had a total of 11 CRPF personnel for her personal protection.
• On 9 September 2020, the BMC officials served a notice under section 354/ A of the Municipal Corporation Act after inspection to Kangana Ranaut and pasted the notice at her office gate in Mumbai. The notice pointed out over a dozen alterations in the bungalow, like a “toilet being converted into office cabin” and “new toilets being constructed alongside the staircase.”
•The breaking down of the office interiors, Kangana also claimed that damages were caused to her belongings. “My office was suddenly declared illegal in last 24 hours, they have destroyed everything inside including furniture and lights,”.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 56 Kg|
in Pounds- 133 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Favorite Food||Aloo Paratha, Berry Burst, Dal-Chawal|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Sridevi, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn|
|Favorite Movies||Gangster, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Piku, Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi|
|Favorite Singer||Arijit Singh, Shreya Ghoshal, Armaan Malik, Lata Mangeshkar, Ankit Tiwari, Mithoon, Neha Kakkar, Guru Randahwa|
|Favorite Destinations||London, Paris, Milan, New York, Milan|
|Boyfriends, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aditya Pancholi (Actor)|
Adhyayan Suman (Actor)
Nicholas Lafferty (British Doctor)
Ajay Devgan (Actor, Rumour)
Hrithik Roshan (Actor)
|Cars||BMW 7 Series|
|Properties||• A 67,000 per sq. ft bungalow in Pali Hill, Bandra, Mumbai (worth ₹20.7 crores, as in 2018)|
• A 8-BHK bungalow in Manali, Himachal Pradesh
|Net Worth||₹ 75 Crore (10 Million $)|
Some Unknown Facts About Kangana Ranaut
- Does Kangana Ranaut Smoke?: Yes
- Does Kangana Ranaut drink alcohol?: Yes
- Kangana Ranaut was born to a well-off landlord Rajput family of Himachal Pradesh.
- She rarely saw films in her childhood, as her hometown didn’t have a theater and DVD’s was rarely at that time and also grew up in a male dominant conservative joint family and the biased restriction made her defiant.
- She told in an interview, “My father slapped me for the first time at 15 and I told him, If you slap me I will slap you back.”
- At the age of 16, Her mother wanted her to get married but Kangana straightaway showed her disapproval.
- While studying at DAV School, Chandigarh, she shared her hostel room with Ranita and Bondina, who became her close friends, and they were called “Charlie’s Angels.”
- She was always a bright student and aspired to become a doctor. As a science student, she used to study for around 18 hours a day and secured 90% in her intermediate. But she suffered a setback when she failed to clear her pre-medical and decided to quit studies and move out of her hometown.
- She was an active participator in the beauty contests in her younger days.
- She was kicked out of her house by her parents, when she told them that she wanted to enter the glamour world.
- In 2003, she moved to Delhi and initially learnt music and joined the Elite Modelling Agency in Delhi to become a model.
- Before her debut films, she worked as a theatre artist in Delhi with the Asmita Theatre Group. Her first play was Girish Karnad‘s Taledanda (Rakt-Kalyan). Moreover, she also did plays for Arvind Gaur’s workshop at India Habitat Centre.
- Her younger sister Rangoli Chandel was attacked with acid by a man, who had entered her house as a money order delivery boy in 2005.
- Kangana Ranaut learnt acting skills from Asha Chandra’s acting school in Mumbai.
- When she was in Mumbai for a catalogue shoot, she gave auditions for the film ‘Gangster’ (2006). Director Mahesh Bhatt was refused to cast her; as he considered her too young for the role, and instead, he shortlisted Chitrangada Singh. Two months later, the dejected Kangana Ranaut, and she got a call from Anurag Basu that she has been selected to play the lead role in the film as Chitrangada Singh had some issues with the outdoor shoot.
- After making her acting debut with the Bollywood film Gangster in 2006, she was felicitated at her school in DAV Chandigarh, as the “Pride of DAV.” by her principal ma’am Dr Sachdeva.
- She is one of the youngest Indian actresses to win the National Film Awards at the age of 22, for Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008).
- She went to New York for her scriptwriting course but had to leave it midway; as she had to return to India to promote her film ‘Queen.’
- Earlier, she used to be a hardcore non-vegetarian but in 2013, she turned pure vegetarian. Moreover, she was listed as “India’s Hottest Vegetarian” by PETA in the same year.
- She has won 3 National Awards for her performance in the movie, Fashion (2006), Queen (2014), and Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015).
- She is a trained Kathak dancer.
- Her first crush was English footballer, David Beckham.
- She has hardly seen a dozen films and doesn’t watch TV shows at all.
- Kangana Ranaut dreams of purchasing an organic farmhouse and a stable in Shimla after she retires from her work.
- In September 2017, she revealed explosive things about her personal life and the Bollywood film industry on Rajat Sharma‘s ‘Aap Ki Adalat.’
- A few days before the release of her film ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi,’ President Ram Nath Kovind watched a special screening of the film at Rashtrapati Bhavan Cultural Centre; where he also felicitated the cast and crew of the film.
- On 15 January 2020, Kangana added another feather to her cap after launching her production company, Manikarnika Films at Pali Hills in Mumbai. Kangana’s sister Rangoli Chandel, tweeted,
This is Kangana’s studio in Pali Hill prime location in Mumbai; she saw this dream 10 years ago and today we also saw it, if people can achieve anything with honesty and truth why do people do choti moti bundlebazi and act so dishonest.”
- Kangana spearheaded the row over nepotism following Sushant Singh Rajput‘s death after he committed suicide on 14 June 2020. She blamed, that certain dominant lobbies in Bollywood for promoting nepotism and treating outsiders in the industry as outcasts. She was praised heavily on social media for leading the nepotism row to criticize such lobbies in the industry. Her Instagram followers were also increased after that.
- on 9 September 2020, amid the growing row between Kangana Ranaut and the Shiv Sena, her office in Mumbai was demolished by the BMC, the day when she returned to Mumbai from Manali By sharing the photos of her damaged office on Twitter, she captioned the photos as “Pakistan…” and “Babur and his army.”
- Few Minutes before her landing at the Mumbai airport on 9 September 2020, the Bombay High Court put a stay to the demolition work. Later, while taking a dig at the Maharashtra Chief Minister, she shared a video message on her Instagram account.
Hits of Kangana Ranaut
These are the latest full information on Kangana Ranaut Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Biography, Boyfriends, Lifestyle & More. Do share guys this post with your friends and keep visiting us on a2zwiki.com for Indian celebrities’ biographical updates. You may share your wishes, experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You !.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.