Govinda aka Govinda Ahuja is an Indian film actor, dancer, and former politician, well known for his work in the Hindi film industry. During the 1980s, Govinda started out as an action and dancing hero and reinvented himself as a comedy hero in the 1990s. Govinda was elected the seventh member of parliament for the Mumbai North constituency of Maharashtra, India in the 14th Lok Sabha elections in 2004. Let’s check out Govinda Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Children, Biography & More.
|Real Name||Govind Arun Ahuja|
|Nickname||Govinda, Chi-Chi, Virar ka Chokra|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Dancer, Politician|
|Father name||Arun Kumar Ahuja (Actor)|
|Mother Name||Nirmala Ahuja|
|Brother name||Kirti Kumar (Actor)|
|Sister name||Kamini Khanna (Writer)|
|Children||Son – Yashvardhan Ahuja|
Daughters – Tina Ahuja (Actor), 1 (Name Not Known) (Died when she was just 4 months old)
|Nephew/Niece||Nephew – Krishna Abhishek (Actor)|
Niece – Aarti Singh (Actress)
|Date of Birth||21 December 1963|
|Age (as in 2019)||56 Years|
|Birth Place||Virar, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Virar, Maharashtra, India|
|College||Delhi UniversityAnnasaheb Vartak College, Vasai, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Ilzaam (1986)|
Film (Producer): Ssukh (2005)
|Awards, Honours||Filmfare Awards|
1997: Special Award for Saajan Chale Sasural
2000: Best Comedian Award for Haseena Maan Jaayegi
Zee Cine Awards
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honors, and achievements to his name.
|Controversies||On 16 January 2008, he slapped Santosh Rai during the shooting of his film “Money Hai to Honey Hai”. After this, On 5 February 2009, Rai filed a complaint against Govinda, but it was suppressed by the Bombay High Court. After that, In 2014, Santosh Rai went to the Supreme Court, which issued a notice to Govinda and later offered an unconditional apology, and ₹5 lakh compensation to Santosh Rai.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 171 cm|
in meters- 1.71 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 85 Kg|
in Pounds- 186.8 lbs
|Figure Measurements||– Chest: 44 Inches|
– Waist: 36 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Favorite Food||Moong Dal, Khichdi, Bhindi|
|Favorite Actor||Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar|
|Favorite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
|Favorite Film||Barfi, Swarg|
|Favorite Colour(s)||Black, Yellow|
|Favorite Singer(s)||Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Neelam Kothari, Rani Mukherji|
|Cars||Mercedez-Benz, Mitsubishi Lancer, Ford Endeavor|
|Net Worth||₹170 Crore ($25 Million)|
Some Unknown facts about Govinda
- Does Govinda drink alcohol? : Yes
- Does Govinda smoke? : Yes
- Govinda is known as the “King of Swag” in Bollywood because of his ultimate expressions.
- Govinda was born in Virar, Maharashtra and grown up in the slums of Mumbai.
- He is the youngest of six siblings.
- Govinda, also known as “Chichi Bhaiya”.
- When he was born, his father (Arun Kumar Ahuja) rejected to take him in his arms because of some reason.
- Govinda used to have such a craze of watching movies that he used to save money, especially for watching movies in the theater.
- His mother, Nazeem was a Muslim but got converted into Hinduism and changed her name to Nirmala Devi.
- Govinda had a very tough childhood; as his father produced only one film in his entire career and that too a big flop, due to which they had to shift to semi-rural semiurban areas from a bungalow.
- Her mother wanted him to become a banker and never wanted him to become an actor. Even, he gave so many auditions, which were kept hidden from his mother.
- Initially, Govinda was rejected by Rajashri Studios many times, when he auditioned for various roles.
- In his debut film Ilzaam, he made his mark with his dancing moves in the song I Am A Street Dancer.
- Govinda is well known for his dancing skills, acting, and comedy.
- Govinda is a trained classical Indian dancer.
- His first lead role in Tan-Badan was offered by his uncle Anand, after which his career kept on inclining towards fame.
- On 11 March 1987, he tied the knot with his love Sunita, but their marriage was kept hidden from the media for the next four years.
- It was reported that he was involved in various extra-marital affairs after his marriage and due to this, his marriage was often on the stake of separation.
- During the 1990s, Govinda was often paired with Karisma Kapoor, Raveena Tandon, Shilpa Shetty, Rani Mukherji and with Juhi Chawla.
- Govinda was seriously injured on 5 January 1994 while traveling to a studio for the shooting of Khuddar.
- His movie Aunty No.1 was named “Aunty” initially, but as No.1 was lucky for Govinda, so, it was added to the title afterward.
- During the 90s, he transformed himself into one of the finest comedy actors, and his chemistry with Kader Khan was impeccable.
- In 1999, Govinda was voted the world’s tenth-greatest star of stage or screen in a BBC News Online poll.
- In 2000, Govinda has performed the role of villain for the first time in the movie Shikari.
- Govinda has received twelve Filmfare Award nominations, a Filmfare Award for Best Comedian, a Filmfare Special Award, and four Zee Cine Awards.
- He was a member of the Parliament of India from 2004 to 2009 for the Mumbai North constituency of Maharashtra, India in the 14th Lok Sabha elections defeating Ram Naik of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- On 16 January 2008, he slapped Santosh Rai during the shooting of his film “Money Hai to Honey Hai”. After this, On 5 February 2009, Rai filed a complaint against Govinda, but it was suppressed by the Bombay High Court. After that, In 2014, Santosh Rai went to the Supreme Court, which issued a notice to Govinda and later offered an unconditional apology, and ₹5 lakh compensation to Santosh Rai.
- On 20 January 2008, Govinda decided to leave politics and concentrate on his Bollywood acting career.
- Govinda made a comeback to films in late 2006 with the hit comedy Bhagam Bhag, in which he appeared with Akshay Kumar and Lara Dutta.
- In July 2016, he was recognized as Actor of the Decade at the India Leadership Conclave in Mumbai.
- Aa Gaya Hero was released on 17 March 2017, The film was not successful at the box office.
These are the latest information on Govinda Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Children, Biography & More. Do share guys this post with your friends and keep visiting us on a2zwiki.com for Indian celebrities’ biographical updates. You may share your wishes, experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You !.