Arijit Singh is an Indian singer, musician, and music composer. He does not only lend his voice to the stars of Bollywood but also gave rich melodies to the Bollywood. He is one of the artists whose name and voice are found in almost in every movie, with his every song topping the charts. Arijit Singh is regarded as one of the most versatile and successful singers in the history of Indian music and Hindi cinema. Let’s check out Arijit Singh Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Biography, Girlfriends, Lifestyle & More.
Wiki Table of Arijit Singh
|Real Name||Arijit Singh|
|Nick Name||Melody King|
|Father name||Kakkar Singh|
|Mother Name||Not Known|
|Sister name||Amrita Singh|
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife– Ruprekha Banerjee |
Second Wife– Koel Roy Singh
|Children||Daughter– 1 (Step-daughter)|
Son(s)– Jul & 1 more (Name Not Known)
|Date of Birth||25 April 1987|
|Age (as in 2019)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India|
|School||Raja Bijay Singh High School, Murshidabad|
|College||Sripat Singh College, Jiaganj|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor Degree|
|Debut||Singer: “Phir Mohabbat” from Murder 2 (2011)|
Director: Bhalobashar Rojnamcha (Bangla Film; 2015)
• Best Male Playback Singer Award “Tum Hi Ho” of the movie Aashiqui 2 in 2014.
• Best Male Playback Singer Award “Sooraj Dooba Hain” of the movie Roy in 2016.
• Best Male Playback Singer Award “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil” of the movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil in 2017
• Best Male Playback Singer Award “Roke Na Ruke Naina” of the movie Badrinath Ki Dulhania in 2018.
National Film Award
• Best Male Playback Singer Award for the song “Binte Dil” from the film “Padmaavat” in 2019.
Note- He has many more other awards, honors, and achievements to his name.
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Singing, Non-Vegetarian specially fried fish|
Dislikes: Gossips, Controversy.
|Hobbies||Cycling, Photography, Playing Badminton, Reading, Writing and Making Documentaries|
|Controversies||• In September 2013, Arijit was arrested for assaulting a journalist, after the journalist asked him details about his divorce case with his first wife. |
• In May 2016, Arijit posted an open letter to Salman Khan on Facebook, requesting him to retain his version of a song in the movie Sultan, which he thought that Salman had recorded by another singer, as Salman thought Arijit insulted him in the Star Guild Awards function in 2014. But later, Arijit deleted that post from Facebook.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 77 Kg|
in Pounds- 170 lbs
|Figure Measurements||-Chest: 40 Inches|
-Waist: 32 Inches
-Biceps: 13 Inches
|Favorite Food||Maacher jhol and mishti, Alu seddo, daal, bhaat and alu posto|
|Favorite Actor||Ranveer Singh, Akshay Kumar, and Manoj Bajpayee|
|Favorite Actress||Deepika Padukone, and Priyanka Chopra|
|Favorite Sports||Cricket, Football, Badminton|
|Favorite Colour(s)||Black, White|
|Favorite Singer||B Praak, Mohammed Rafi, Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal, Ghulam Ali, Jagjit Singh, Mehdi Hassan, Ustad Rashid Ali Khan, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, KK and Michael Jackson, Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar|
|Favorite Songs||Phir Le Aaya Dil from the movie Barfi|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Koel Roy Singh|
|Wife||First Wife– Ruprekha Banerjee |
Second Wife– Koel Roy Singh
|Net Worth||₹7 Crore (1 Million $)|
Some Unknown Facts About Arijit Singh
- Does Arijit Singh Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Arijit Singh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Arijit Singh was born on 25 April 1987 in Jiaganj town of Murshidabad district in West Bengal, India.
- Arijit comes from a musical family background as his grandmother, mother and sister are fine singers.
- According to Arijit, he was a decent student but cared more about music.
- He began his music training at a very young age at home.
- Arijit Singh has 3 musical Gurus, Rajendra Prasad Hazari who taught him Indian classical music, Dhirendra Prasad Hazari who taught him tabla and Birendra Prasad Hazari, who taught him Rabindra sangeet and pop music.
- At the age of 10, he got a scholarship from the state government of West Bengal for his training in Indian Classical Music.
- In 2005, He started his singing career by participating in the singing reality show Fame Gurukul, on the suggestion of his Guru Rajendra Prasad Hazari, but unfortunately, he eliminated in the 6th spot.
- Later, Arijit participated in another reality show, 10 Ke 10 Le Gaye Dil, and won that competition.
- Before becoming a playback singer, Arijit Singh used to freelanced with musicians like Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Pritam Chakraborty, Vishal-Shekhar and Mithoon Sharma.
- Arijit’s favorite song is Phir Le Aaya Dil from the movie Barfi.
- He is a movie freak.
- In an interview with The Times of India, Arijit Singh mentioned that he has a “natural voice” and said he did nothing special to maintain it.
- Arijit’s favorite lyricists are Irshad Kamil, Sayeed Quadri, and Amitabh Bhattacharya.
- Arijit Singh married twice. His first wife, Ruprekha Banerjee, who was one of the finalists of the reality show Fame Gurukul.
- In 2014, he married his old school friend Koel Roy, which was the second marriage for both.
- Arijit has an NGO called Let There Be Light, which works for poor people.
- In 2013, when a journalist asked about his favorite car, Arijit angerly replied, Car? What car? I still don’t have a car. I still travel by public transport. I take autos to travel to and for recordings. When I was in Calcutta, I take a train to go to Murshidabad and then take a cycle rickshaw to my house.
- Arijit Singh sings mainly in Hindi and Bengali but has also performed in various other Indian languages.
- Arijit is often compared to singer Atif Aslam for similar voice texture and tone.
- Arijit Singh has also directed a few films including Bhalobashar Rojnamcha (2015) and “Sa” (2018). Interestingly, his son Jul also acted in the film “Sa.”
- Arijit Singh says that if I would ever get a chance to travel back in time, I would love to sing with Kishore Kumar.
- Rapper T-Pain was once accused of plagiarising Arijit Singh’s song “Tum Hi Ho” from the movie Aashiqui 2.
- In 2019, Arijit Singh won the National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song ‘Binte Dil’ from the movie “Padmaavat.”
- It is really impossible to cover all his hits songs collections, but we are trying to cover all his latest collection here, please check out.
Arijit Singh Latest Hits Collections
These are the latest information on Arijit Singh Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Biography, Girlfriends, Lifestyle & More. Do share guys this post with your friends and keep visiting us on a2zwiki.com for Indian celebrities’ biographical updates. You may share your wishes, experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You !.